According to the CIPD (and others), only 7% of Performance Management Systems actually positively affect performance. Many people in HR are wedded to this process, after all, without it, what is HR for? However, onerous form filling, meaningless conversations and a corrupted process linking pay and the PM system serve to deliver something way less than the sum of its parts. Performance Management should help engage employees, identify their needs, and ensure they have the knowledge and skills required to make the organisation successful.
We help organisations promote a clear understanding of:
- What the business is trying to achieve
- Turning strategy into meaningful action
- Employee roles in helping the business achieve their goals
- Skills and competencies required to do meaningful roles
- Standards of performance required
- How to develop their performance
- How they are doing
- If they have performance issues, what they can do
We offer skills, knowledge and tools to develop managers, helping them set objectives and standards, monitor and provide feedback, and have critical conversations that strike a balance between compassion and accountability to help people find positive solutions and develop performance.
Want to find out how we can help you? Call us on 07770 811352.