It’s far more difficult to sell today than ever before! In almost every industry, there’s been an increase in competition with technology making it possible to reach more people, faster and more easily than ever before.
Sales people therefore face a wide range of issues including:
- Constantly changing customer needs and expectations
- Changing legal requirements and need for compliance
- Interaction with a range of different people and personalities across the day
- Sales Management which often relies more on incentives than leadership to achieve results
- The need to display the required attitudes and behaviours all day every day
With these problems to deal with, it’s easy to see that salespeople need the ability to bounce back quickly after a difficult experience. Resiliency is therefore a key competency that will help your salespeople to be successful and your business to thrive.
Many businesses have already seen the benefits associated with building a resilient and psychologically healthy workforce. Research shows that:
- Resilient sales staff deliver higher sales and deal better with setbacks
- More resilient organisations have better cash-flow, return on investment and profitability
- Improving psychological well-being is associated with higher employee engagement and increased productivity
- Positive perceptions of leaders by resilient employees improve performance by 10%.
- Better psychological wellbeing improves creativity
- Having a healthy and resilient workforce reduces presenteeism and absenteeism
- High levels of emotional resilience are related to greater employee persistence, effectiveness and task completion.
- Mental Resilience: understanding that we are in control of our thinking and can harness our thoughts to build positive self-belief and the confidence to achieve what we desire.
- Emotional Resilience: being able to identify, manage and express all emotions appropriately and effectively.
- Physiological Resilience: managing our stress, energy, health and performance through nutrition, activity, exercise, sleep and relaxation.
- Personality: having a sense of purpose and aligning the strengths of our personality with what we want to achieve in life.
Initiatives supporting the nurturing and maintenance of workforce resilience could be the difference between the success and failure of a business.
Contact QED at firstname.lastname@example.org and find out how we can help you build superior sales performance in your people and teams by:
- Assessing and improving process resilience
- Assessing and developing resilience in people
- Assessing and developing skills and competence in people