A sane and pragmatic guide for leaders and managers to avoid pitfalls in the workplace and derisk the threat of conflict and litigation.
To find out if this course is suitable for your business, feel free to give us a ring on 0800 644 4010 or you can email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are flexible in our approach and can bespoke or tailor any of our courses to your specific needs.
Our Harassment awareness and skills training reflects the modern workplace and develops your Leaders and Managers not about the law, but rather the practise of how to spot, respond to, report, and prevent workplace harassment of all types, be it sexual, bullying, race, gender or cultural harassment. This can relate to current issues as well as approaches to historical cases and challenges.
- We discuss pressing and challenging issues faced today
- We focus on actions and behaviours instead of people
- We move beyond trite scenarios to examine context, ambiguous lines between professional and social relationships and the roles of power and consent
This programme can either be a 1 day training course, team coaching programme or coaching for individuals.
- Moving from a ‘tick box’ approach to behaviour by affecting attitude change to the subject of harassment
- The new ‘context’ for harassment
- The key legislative areas with implications for the workforce
- Strategies for issue handling, historical issues and process development
- Identification of legalities vs management practice and rise of ‘codes of conduct’
- Sexual, Gender, Race, Religious and Cultural Harassment – Identification of key risks and shifts in practice
- ‘Banter’ and its implications and risk
- The link from behaviour to culture – and the assessment of risks in the organisational culture
- Linking employee culture to that of casual harassment from other stakeholders – often including customers
- The identification of where personal resilience can breed tolerance, a degree of pragmatism and reduce much of the ‘drama’ around the subject
Head Trainer: Anu Thompson -Barrister, Professional Regulation and Crime; Recorder; Legal Training Provider.