This new community is being formed as a resource for any practitioner who is interested to learn more about training evaluation, receive support from experts and talk to other people struggling with the same evaluation issues as you.
The community will consist of ‘Hangouts’ and ‘Hookups’, as well as providing access to great resources that will help you understand evaluation, its impact on an organisation and how it affects all areas of the L&D process, from design to delivery.
• Hangouts – places to go to discuss your situations and challenges and receive support.
• Hookups – Online webinars and get-togethers to look at specific subjects chosen by the community on a monthly basis.
• Resources – Online webinars for learning on specific subjects, tools and documents for you to use plus specific access to training videos online.
In addition to the core membership, you will also be able to access ‘Masterminds’ and ‘Retreats’.
• Masterminds – Access to evaluation and other L&D ‘experts’ for more specialised help and support.
• Retreats – Group meetings (virtually and in-person) in a conference format to push forward the edges of evaluation practise and process.
Who is it for?
• Members of L&D teams in organisations.
• Independent trainers or coaches.
• People who have attended training courses or accreditation but would like the opportunity for a more informal social learning process.
• Those looking to network and be able to benchmark with their peers.
What might you be interested in?
• Evaluation as a concept.
• Launching or improving evaluation as a concept.
• Personal self-improvement.
• Proving the value of L&D as a function.
• Proving that programmes etc. add value.
• Maximising your budget.
• Improving your personal and functional commercial acumen or ‘edge’.
How much does it cost?
Clearly, as we are launching the concept, the site will have fewer members than is desirable in the short term, but we hope to build numbers in due course. As a result of this, the first 25 members will be able to access the community for an introductory price of £299* for the year. After this number is achieved, the price will rise to £525* per annum. The membership applies to an individual but we are happy to discuss a reduced membership where more than one person from an organisation wants to join us. You can register your interest here
How is it different?
We focus on evaluation and look at anything to do with L&D through that perspective.
Whilst the concept of the Community is not new, ours is aimed at being able to prove a difference, looking at the big issues of the day in terms of learning but always returning to how those things add value. We feel a community of people interested in evaluation can make a difference for their own organisation and the profession as a whole.