We have a number of courses that we adapt, tailor or bespoke to organisational needs, to deliver more resilient people.
Our most popular courses are…
Introduction to Resilience – one day workshop
- What is Resilience and how does it affect us?
- Dealing with stress and pressure
- Snapshot of current Resilience
- Emotional Resilience Concepts – Choice and Accountability
- Using breathing and lifestyle to ‘fund’ cognition
- Building mental resilience and choice
- Personal Organisation Techniques – Control and Time planning
- Change resistance and strategies to deal with Change
- Identified opportunities to build your own emotional resilience and mental toughness
- Understood the key principles of Emotional Intelligence and how that impacts the balance of toxic and clean relationships
- A greater understanding of mindset (yours and others) affects both performance and potential
- Learnt how to survive and prosper in a challenging business culture or context
- Understood how performance can be improved within the context of your job
- An action plan for implementation
NEW Digital Online Resilience Programme!
Our Introduction to resilience programme can now be accessed as a 6 week online digital course, to enable you to learn at a time that is convenient to you. This course is run through our www.personalresilience.com site where we also offer free resilience resources such as podcasts, ebooks and videos.
Advanced Resilience Course
This course is more suitable for those who have had exposure to the fundamentals and want to drive their performance and purpose even more. It also helps HR and L&D practitioners embed many of the principles of resilience into teams and the overall culture.
Our tailored workshops may cover subjects such as:
- Resilience and Personality – Using the ‘big five’ and SCARF from Neuroleadership to build and understand personality toolkits and the effects on performance
- Resilience and Relationships – expansion of conflict, diversity of approach and innovation to build resilience – having ‘difficult conversations’
- Deep dive into ‘anxiety’’ as well as into the wider list of emotions and the effect on behaviours
- Using the TA toolkit to make sense of group interaction, particularly conflict
- Help with ‘Thinking clearly under Pressure’ and other Mental Toughness techniques
- The Triune brain – health and performance implications
- Facing stress and cultural implications – case study and review
- Building mindsets through confidence and the competence/confidence dilemma
- The use of attribution theory and optimism
- Purpose and Attention – toolkits for liberation
- Using language to build resilience and performance
This course is for Managers and Leaders who want to maintain, improve and sustain the potential and performance of themselves and their teams in times of stability, but particularly in times of change.
Our workshop will provide knowledge and understanding of:
- Snapshot of Resilience for your team
- Linking team performance and climate
- Change Management techniques using Neuroleadership
- Feedback and Behaviour change
- Encouraging and benefiting from (appropriate) conflict
- Spotting and dealing with, triggers that undermine resilience
- Managing and working with Emotions
- Building productive Relationships
By the end of the workshop you will understand:
- Any identified opportunities to build your own emotional intelligence and mental toughness and those of the group
- The key principles of Emotional Intelligence and how that impacts the balance of toxic and ‘clean’ relationships
- How your behaviours and choices ‘set the tone’ for your people and teams
- How to build capacity and resilience into your processes and ensure those are supported by culture
- How decisions add value
- How success can be differentiated for different people and led and managed appropriately
- How performance can be improved within the context of your job
- Have an action plan for implementation
Whether you are considering, in the midst of, or recovering from change that is continuous, bumpy or discontinuous, our initial one day Change Management workshop looks at the fundamentals of process, culture and personal change using a range of resilience tools and techniques.
Built resilience delivers considerable evidence of faster, smoother and ‘stickier’ change and needs to be considered at every stage of the change process.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will have:
- Understood and discussed the drivers and blockers for successful change
- Considered relevant communication strategies to help with influencing and creating understanding
- Understood the need to deal with strong emotions and reactions with strategies to improve effectiveness
- The causes and drivers of resistance to change and how to minimise those through preventative action
- Understood how to deal with the effects of change whilst experiencing the process themselves
Overview of content
- Resources required for change – use of relevant change models and diagnostic tools to uncover ‘change readiness’
- Change process – structure, stakeholder management and communications
- Creation of the conditions for continued ‘change competence’ (rather than ‘freeze/unfreeze’)
- Change styles – From Champion to Destructor
- Influencing styles – Building ‘buy-in’ through tactics and skills
- The change cycle/curve – stages and supportive actions
- Change resistance – strategies and perspectives
- Dealing with emotions – using video and skills practice to help deploy appropriate strategies
- Using a case study to help understand approaches to common responses to situations and how to deal with them
Each of the above development approaches would be supported with coaching (online or offline). Wellness coaching can be delivered as a generic development option or can be adapted for different groups/situations to reflect whatever challenges face the organisation.
Delegates receive a private 1 hour session to focus on the needs and resilience, of themselves, their manager and of the team.
Session are delegate led and allow time for a review of:
- progress with the concepts from the workshops
- reinforcement of learning or discussion of a particular issue
- contextual problem to illustrate how the learning can reinforce performance
Discussion of team performance and how resilience can assist is also included. Our resilience coaching ranges across the whole spectrum of performance and is more holistic than standard coaching interventions.
As well as our empowering resilience programmes, we also have many free resources to share:
Subscribe at www.personalresilience.com to download free materials and receive notifications of our:
- inspiring Resilience Unraveled Podcasts with tips to share from our amazing guests
- ebooks and webinars
- latest topical Blogs
- further resources are being developed and will be with you very soon
0800 644 4010
to find out how building resilience can tone up your workforce, help embrace change and improve performance.
“This was a really useful day and really opened my eyes to how I have been letting people affect my performance”
“The training team was very challenging and helped us see the extent to which we had more choice and control over how we work and cope with pressures – there were really useful tips and tools I can use immediately”
“I was worried that this course was going to be too ‘touchy-feely’, but the trainers put my mind at rest and it was a really focused on work performance and helping me practically get better results in my team”
“The coaching was ‘spot-on’ and I found it helpful in exploring new ideas and ways of getting to grips with my issues and challenges. The coach was very supportive but also made me face up to the realities of what is actually going on”